Updated and improved as of November 2016, this revised disc includes subtitling which does not extend three lines without being split; tighter and cleaner translating; and some video improvements.
Our translations of Die Deutsche Wochenschau newsreels covering the events, mainly in Europe, from October through November 1941 (with supplementary films from 1932 and 1936 ... see description) with first hand film reports. Each part has variable film quality based on the original films it shows. Overall, we would say the quality would correspond to a range of well worn VHS to very good DVD quality. There may be some sound or picture issues on parts of the film.
SOME OF THE TOPICS COVERED:
- Supplies for the high north of the Eastern Front arrive in Petsamo
- The Germans take the Estonian islands of Oesel and Moon
- Air raid on Leningrad
- Generalfeldmarschall von Brauchitsch celebrates his 60th birthday
- Rumanian troops push on to Odessa
- Italian soldiers take a town in southern Russia
- Artillery bombardment of Odessa
- German troops advance into Kyiv
- End of the battle of encirclement 200km east of Kyiv – 665,000 prisoners are taken
- Opening of the third wartime WHW in Berlin
- Germans advance on Demjansk
- Pioneers blow up buildings in Kyiv to prevent the spread of fires set by the retreating Soviets
- Grossadmiral Raeder visits naval crews posted to the Eastern Front
- A sub journey with Kapitanleutnant Endrass and his crew
- Slovakian statesmen Dr. Tiso and Dr. Tucha visit the Fuhrerhauptquartier
- Finnish troops advance on past Lake Ladoga and Onega to take Petrazavodsk
- Dego Island is cleared of Soviets
- German troops being building winter quarters on the Eastern Front
- Turkish generals view the Eastern Front
- Advance on Kaluga
- Battle for Borodino
- The taking of Kharkov
A LOOK BACK:
24 Feb 1932: Deulig Tonwoche Nr. 8:
· Memorial service in the Reichstag for the fallen of the World War
· Rare finds among the Zaptatecas in Oaxaca
· Carneval begins in New Orleans
· Sven Hedin and Gerhard Hauptmann sail for the U.S.
· The U.S. sends 60 ships to Hawaii on maneuvers as war breaks out in East Asia
· Unrest in Bombay after Gandhi’s arrest
1936 – Ehre der Arbeit
REGION FREE. 149 MINUTES LONG.
IN GERMAN WITH SWITCHABLE ENGLISH SUBTITLES.